Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bento boxes

I mentioned a few days ago that I was in search of a Bento Box type lunch container for my kids. Basically- its a tupperware/lunchbox thats divided up into individual sections. Its very popular in the Japanese culture evidently. Anyway- I loved the idea and found one I really, really wanted to get for them...until I saw the price! Noooo thank you! Especially since I would need 2 of them. 

So as I was checking out at Old Navy (of all places) yesterday, I saw these sitting on the shelf in the checkout line. I forgot to take a picture of them with the lid on, but I'm sure you get the idea :)  They are absolutely perfect and exactly what I was looking for. I just got them packed and ready to go to send to school with the boys tomorrow
(baby carrots, cheese cubes, prunes & kiwi on top, tzatziki (greek yogurt dip) in the middle and a peanut butter & jelly sandwich underneath) I'll make the sandwiches and put them in tomorrow before schools so they don't get soggy overnight.
I also gave Austin an applesauce in his, and might put a few crackers in a ziploc on the side. He eats a lot more than Carson does. 

And the best thing about these? They were $5 :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those from Old Navy, how cool! I just use the gladware containers as bento boxes, since they are the same shape and size as those laptop lunch boxes.

    ReplyDelete