Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Stuck.

I'm not stuck. But my scale is. Or wait..does that mean I am to?

Its so frustrating to see the scale stay between the same 2 numbers week after week.

I know that all weight loss stories have a "plateau" chapter somewhere amongst the pages. I'm ok with that. I even expected it. What I didn't expect was that it would last this long.

I know eventually I'll be in the next chapter and the pounds will start dropping again. That can't happen soon enough!

I have to keep reminding myself of this, otherwise I get very discouraged.

I know that my metabolism just needs a good shock, and I'm hoping that adding the daily elliptical & strength workouts will be just the ticket.

Even though I'm at the same weight as I was 2-3 months ago, I feel different and my clothes fit differently. I know my body is changing, however not seeing the scale reflect those changes is a major bummer.

Am I obsessed with the scale? Hmmm...

I'd like to think that I'm not, but I definitely know that often times, the number I see when I step on determines my mindset for the rest of the day. I want that to change. I don't think thats healthy or productive.

I'm really not having a pity party for myself. I'm not giving up. I'm not any less motivated than before. I just hate feeling...stuck.

Anyone else ever feel that way? Meet one goal and then have it near impossible to meet the next? Take two steps forward, one step back? I know I'm not alone!

Lets work together and get UN-STUCK!!!

7 comments:

  1. I feel stuck a lot. But for me I know that it is because I don't eat like I should. I eat the right things, but then I eat too much or I go for treats (way too many treats!!) and I sabotage myself!! I am adding strength back into my routine and focusing on only running 3-4 times a week to see if that helps me build more muscle and develop more definition in my body. Good luck, hope the workout changes shock your body and cause some good weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only who gets stuck! I also know that I sabotage my weight loss efforts by snacking & eating more than I should. I track everything with My Fitness Pal, but I still think that I could and should make better choices. I do great during the weekend but then I blow it on the weekend!

      Delete
  2. You are not alone! In the past six months I have only lost 6 pounds but I went down 2 pant sizes. I've increased my mileage and added hill training to be prepared for the massive hill at big sir so my legs are toning up even though it doesn't show on the scale. I have to keep reminding myself that this is better in the long run...in times past when I've lost weight my thighs were still giggly. Hang in there and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I weighed the same 6 months ago, but was also 2-3 pants sizes bigger then. I can definitely see my body changing, I'm gaining lean muscle and toning up. I'm starting my half marathon training at the end of the month so I know the extra miles will help (although the more miles I run, the hungrier I am haha). Definitely wish I was still doing Big Sur with you, one day we'll have to run a race together!

      Delete
  3. Maybe just forget the scale for a month or so and focus on workouts and healthy eating. Promise not to weigh in for a while and stick to it and I'll be you'll see results...or just stick to measurements for a while. My scale's been stuck for almost a year. LOL, so manybe don't listen to me. :) Loved your post and have gotten some great feedback on it (via emails, phone calls and f.b.). You are inspiring others so keep it up girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you got feedback on my story- thats so awesome and really encouraging to me. If I can just help ONE person to lose weight, then I feel like I have served my purpose in putting myself out there!

      I take my measurements once a month and weigh myself every Friday morning. Once this month is over, I"m going attempt to go all of next month without weighing. Its going to take a lot of willpower! I count on the scale as my motivation not to binge or get lazy with the workouts. If I know I have to weigh in a day or so, Im a LOT less likely to eat bad/not workout. But its worth a try- cause obviously what I'm doing isn't helping!

      Delete