Thursday, March 8, 2012

Blah

That pretty much describes my mood/attitude today.

My allergies are beyond miserable and the medicine doesn't really help, it just tops off the miserable-ness with an extra dose of drowsy-ness. And yes, those are both words :)

Today was technically supposed to be a rest day...I've run for many days straight and have a lot of miles planned for this weekend, so I decided to rest my legs and take it easy today. I never feel good about just taking a complete rest day (aka not doing any form of exercise) so I did the elliptical for 30 minutes this morning and then some strength training. I'm hoping to try my new yoga DVD this afternoon, but I might take a nap instead. Its just that kind of day.

The kids still aren't 100%. Carsons still complaining that his ears hurt (we see the ENT tomorrow) and even though they are both still on antibiotics, Austin woke with with a nasty croupy cough this morning. I swear it never ends. I hate that they just catch one thing after another. How in the world can I build their little immune systems? They eat healthy, take their vitamins, get plenty of sleep, play and move their bodies, wash their hands...I'm not sure what else I can do to prevent them from getting sick!

Anyway- Carson and I have had a nice relaxing morning (aka we've sat on the couch and done nothing but read stories, color & watch cartoons). The beds aren't made yet, the laundry hasn't been started and I'm pretty sure our breakfast dishes are still in the sink. But....its gonna stay like that for a little while longer. Maybe I'll get a burst of energy later on. Hope so at least.

On the plus side- I just realized I have 2 new magazines I haven't read yet and I'm pretty sure that today is the perfect time to catch up on my reading :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you aren't feeling well and neither are the boys, we've been battling the neverending sickies around here too! I hate it!! I do all I can to keep them well, but it just seems to stay around for so long with so many bodies in our house. Hopefully you start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete