Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Ramblings

Well unfortunately I'm still sick. What started out as bad allergies has now turned into a bad cold/virus. My head is completely congested, my voice is gone, I've got a pounding headache and absolutely no energy. Its the pits, for sure. 

I did pretty good maintaining my eating well & workout out up until yesterday. We had lunch at my in-laws and on top of eating more than normal,  the food was much higher in calories than what I usually eat and so that kinda set me off for the rest of the day. Its hard to pass up good food- what can I say? Being sick makes my decision making go down the drain I guess.

I felt horrible by the time I got home, I literally just wanted to go straight to bed. I didn't feel like eating dinner so I decided to make the boys something and just pop some popcorn for myself after they were in bed. That was all fine & dandy until my husband volunteered to run to McDonalds to get me a Diet Pepsi (because he secretly wanted one!). Somehow my Diet Pepsi request turned into a hot fudge sundae request. Whoops :/ (although, it was the BEST hot fudge sundae ever, if that counts for anything?)

I woke up this morning feeling 10x worse than last night, but knew I had to go out and get my run done because its supposed to rain for the rest of the week. After I dropped the boys off at school, I drug myself out the door for my 3.5 mile scheduled run. I ran the first half mile and my lungs were just NOT cooperating. I couldn't breathe and I just felt miserable. So instead of running the entire 3.5 miles and dying- I did intervals- ran half a mile, walked half a mile, repeat. Wasn't ideal but it was better than nothing. Burned 375 calories and can't really see anything wrong with that! Thanks to Daylight Savings, I'm going to take the dogs for a walk this evening after dinner. Not running, but I might try and jog. 

I had planned on weighing myself daily this week until my added pounds come off (I'm up 1.6 from last week). However I forgot to weigh first this morning and didn't remember until after I'd eaten breakfast and taken a shower. I still went ahead and weighed but I was up 2.2 instead of the 1.6. I know its not accurate since I always weigh first thing, before eating. Then again, I did eat 600+ extra calories so a lot of it could be water weight also. I KNOW I didn't gain 2.2 pounds of fat this weekend- so thats some relief :)

I've got the laundry started & now I'm going to work on a few other little projects around the house. Nothing major cause I am seriously lacking in the energy department. As long as we have clean clothes & clean dishes by the end of the day- I'll call it a success. 

How was your weekend?
Did you get any good workouts in?
Hope you have a fabulous Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry you're sick! It's been pretty nasty with germs in our house too! My weekend was pretty uneventful, just work and watching The Lorax. I was super lazy and didn't workout during the weekend, oops! Hope you're feeling loads better tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete