Tuesday, March 6, 2012

New Shoes & Random Tidbits

Today I had a 2 mile run on the schedule and I ended up doing a 2.25 mile power walk- pushing the stroller into an insane wind storm. I'm pretty sure it was 100% more difficult than just running 2 ordinary miles ;) We went first thing after we dropped Austin off and when we got back home, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical and then a quick 10 min strength workout. I've made up my own strength/hand weights/resistance band workout and have broken it up into 2 different sets. I'm going to do the first set (10 min) in the mornings before/after my run and then the second set (10 min) in the evenings. Breaks it up a little and maybe I won't get bored. I always get bored with strength training. However- summer is coming and my arms are super jiggly...so we've gotta do something about that! 
____________________
After running the 10k Saturday I decided it was time for new shoes. The inserts in mine were literally unglued and moving around while I ran. I've been wanting new shoes for awhile because mine had 700+ miles on them (bad, I know) but I was trying to save a little money and get nice ones. 

I tried on multiple pairs- both $$$ and not so $$$ and ended up with the same brand I always get- Adidas. I have a wide foot with an extra high arch and Adidas just seems to fit my foot the best. 
I've worn them for the past 3 runs and they have about 10 miles on them now-I love them! Usually I get blisters after the first few runs with new shoes, but these seriously feel like they were already broken in. They are so comfortable (and cute!)
They will get their race debut at the St. Patricks Day 4 miler on the 17th! 
____________________________
Have you ever had a toothache so bad that you dread eating? 
Its not fun.

Mine has been aching a little bit for about 2 weeks now, but in the past 2 days, it feels horrible. Anytime I eat (and for about an hour after) the whole side of my mouth just aches. I know exactly which tooth the pain is coming from (not that helps me at all). I can't get into the dentist until next Wednesday so I'm not sure what I'm going to do until then. 
______________________________
I've gotten several emails, facebook messages & texts lately telling me how much they are inspired by my story and congratulating me on my weight loss. I can't tell you enough how much that means to me. My sole intention for even posting my story was to encourage others in the same place as myself and to let them know that weight loss IS possible. Changing your life IS possible. Whether you have 15 or 150 pounds to lose- you have to start with just 1. If your dedicated and committed to the process, it will just snowball from there and before you know it, you'll be closer to your goal than you ever imagined. Thank you to those who have contacted me about my story- it means a lot that you care enough to share with me & I'm SO happy to make any kind of difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment