Friday, March 9, 2012

TGIF!

Today started bright and early with a doctor appointment for my youngest son. He has really bad ear infections and is going to need a second set of tubes put in. His surgery should be scheduled in the next couple weeks to a month. 

After the appointment, I had some errands to run and so I dropped Carson off my with my dad so they could spend the morning together. They cleaned the backyard, went to breakfast and had a good time. 

After my errands, I headed to the park for a run. I had worn my workout clothes to the doctor in hopes that I would be more motivated to get a workout done while I was kid-free :)

My long run (6 miles) is Sunday but I'm not going to be able to run that day. I am running tomorrow but wanted to get it done today so that tomorrow would just be a "whatever" run. I'm still gonna run 6 tomorrow if I can, but now I at least know that I have it out of the way :)

It was a beautiful day- high 70's and sunny. I actually got my first sunburn while running. 
I had a decent run. Its gonna take me a couple weeks to get adjusted to the warmer temps. The first mile is always the hardest for some reason but after I pushed through that, the rest was pretty good. From where I park my car, I run 3.30 miles one way to the end of this path and then 3.30 miles back. Miles 2.5-3 are all downhill...meaning that coming back- they are all uphill. And I'm not talking little rolling hills- they are pretty steep. As I was coming back up the hill, 2 guys (teenager'ish) said "Wow, good job taking those hills. Even the hardcore guys usually walk up it" I took that as a compliment :) I wanted SO badly to walk up the hill and I'm glad I didn't since there were people watching haha. 

I stopped to walk for about 2 minutes towards the end because I kept getting phone calls and texts. I checked my phone to make sure there wasn't an emergency and then went back to running to finish up my 6 miles. 
      
_______________________________
                    Today was my weigh-day and unfortunately the scale was not very kind. I was up 1.6 lbs from last week. Not exactly sure why cause I feel like I've had a pretty good week. Oh well..it happens. I'm gonna weigh in the morning again just to see what the difference is. To make myself feel better, I pulled out my new spring/summer clothes to run in. Amazing how new clothes can make you feel better :)

I know this is basically the same picture- but can someone tell me why my iphone takes such horrible pictures? My husband has the same exact phone and his camera is amazing. 
Ok, well I'm off to prep dinner. My boys have requested homemade hamburgers so thats whats on the menu! 
Hamburgers with turkey bacon, pepperjack cheese, jalepenos & sauteed mushrooms & onions. 
Cole Slaw
Sweet Potato Fries

Can it just be dinnertime already?!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment