Friday, March 30, 2012

This is how my day went...

600 am- wake up and realize my husband is still laying next to me, meaning that he didn't wake up for his Friday morning run with his buddies
601- ask him if hes still gonna go, or if I can go before he leaves for work...he says I can go
601-615- lay in bed contemplating my day and whether or not I should run NOW or wait til the kids are at school...decide to wait until later. I'll admit it, I was being lazy.
616-630- lay in bed until the absolute last minute possible before having to get up and get myself and the kids ready for school
630- throw on my gym clothes, put my hair in a fresh pony tail (day 4 of no washing, thankyouverymuch) and brush my teeth
640- pack lunches and set them out on sink
645- go into boys room to wake them up and help them get ready for school (in case you don't know, 3 & 5 year olds don't move very fast)
700- we're all up and dressed and sitting at the table for breakfast. the boys= yogurt & chocolate milk. me= oatmeal. hubby= eggs & toast
720- help the boys brush their teeth and hair
725- throw in a load of laundry and make my bed
735- back packs on, hugs to daddy and out the door
740- get to Austin's school, walk him to class and back to the car
745- take Carson to school
750- back home, fold laundry in the dryer, make the boys bed and clean up breakfast dishes
815- head back to Austin's school to work in his class for "Pirate Day"
820-1100- play Pirate games, sing Pirate songs & go on treasure hunts with 30 overly-excited and sugar-filled kindergarteners. oh what fun! (actually, it really was).
1100-1210- run errands. Walmart. 99 cent store. Save Mart. Needed specific things from each place and was in desperate need of groceries (and Mega Million tickets...I'm $5 poorer tonight)
1210-1230- put away groceries like a madwoman, in fear that my window of available time to run is slowly getting smaller. switch laundry and fold dry load
1230-120- run 4 of the best and worst miles of my life (if we're on friends on FB, you probably have already seen this) Long story short: never run (alone) on country roads/through vineyards again. Random, and suspicious SUV with 2 men inside approach me from opposite direction (on a dirt road that I've never once seen a vehicle on- its not a street, its actually a riverbank with a dead end), once we pass each other, they stop their car and flip around to follow me. PANIC!!!! I knew I had to get away but couldn't figure out the safest and most public route to do so- ended up running across a canal (empty)  because I knew the car couldn't drive over that.  Sure, they could chase me on foot, but I was more afraid of being pulled into a car. Anyhow- 2 very fast miles later, I was out of the muddy vineyard, the SUV was out of sight (but not out of mind) and I found myself running along the side of Austin's school. Awww, familiar territory. I will definitely not be running through the peaceful country by myself anymore, unfortunately. To sum it up: WORST- duh. BEST: definitely some of my fastest running, I impressed myself.  
120- take picture below after walking in the door, bright red and dripping sweat (it was almost 80 today)
125-155 catch my breath, FB my recent excitement, take a shower and get dressed for the day (finally). And yes, I washed my hair.
155- put new load of laundry in, fold dry load
200- change sheets on my bed. bye bye winter flannel, hello spring cotton.
215- leave to get Austin from school
225- get back home and FINALLY sit down for 5 minutes. Oh, and the most important part- lunch. Which was a big bowl of air popped popcorn. And lots of ice water
225-315 try and catch up on the Young & the Restless while also holding a conversation with Austin about Star Wars
315 leave to pick Carson up
315-515 decide that since its such a beautiful day, why not take the kids to the park to play. 
515- Carson has to pee....Mommy doesn't handle dirty, park bathrooms well- so we leave
520-600 boys play in playroom while i once again switch the laundry and get things out for dinner
600- daddy gets home- yay!!!!
600-615 make dinner- homemade pizzas.
615-635- eat dinner
635- decide to let the kids have their dessert (root beer floats) now instead of waiting til after their bathed and in jammies. smart decision on our part.
655-715- Daddy gives boys a shower, Mommy cleans up the kitchen
715-845 play Kinect Sports on the Xbox. We all have our specialties- mine happens to be track & field. Just sayin.
845- boys get tucked in. they got to "stay up late" since its not a school night. woohoo!
845-930- talk to my mom on the phone. we do this everynight btw.
930-940- put in the LAST load of laundry for the day, pajamas on, wash my face & brush my teeth
940-1000- attempt to watch TV in the living room, but keep falling asleep
1000-now...blog. because I haven't for a few days and I miss it. And I'm obviously just bored since I've had NOTHING going on all day. I really should get a life (ha!)

Heres hoping tomorrow is a quieter & more peaceful version of today- but filled with the same amount of love and blessings! 

and P.S. Im trying not to think about the creepy running incident because if I do, I'll become obsessive and never want to set foot outside alone again. Who knows, maybe those men had no harmful intentions whatsoever. But ya just never know. I DO know that I was prayin like theres no tomorrow (literally) and God got to me a safe place, in one piece and I'm here to tell about it! Amen, right?! 

TGIF! (and happy Easter Vacation to those who get next week off like we do!)

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have one jam packed day!!! I think it's awesome that you fit in your run even though there are a hundred things you need to do! Making time for fitness is so important, kudos! Maybe you should carry some pepper spray when you run, I do sometimes usually for stray scary dogs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very scary! I had a similar experience when I was younger and delivering a paper route at 5:00 in the morning. Thank goodness for your fitness and speed!

    Just an FYI, 15 and 17 yo boys don't move quickly either. Unless, for my boys, it's on a basketball court. SIGH!

    Your day was a FULL one! Filled with some great events! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary scary running incident!! I would have flipped the eff out!! Glad nothing bad happened and you are safe! Your day looks about like mine, mommies are busy ladies!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I popped over from seeing your blog on Katie's blog list. Your running incident scares the begeeses out of me! I have such a paranoid fear when I walk outside alone. I once had a song kick on my iPod that had a big bass and the first thump had me jumping about 4 feet in the air!

    ReplyDelete