Sunday, April 8, 2012

A full weekend

Where do I begin? 

Friday night we dyed Easter games and played games....
 Saturday morning I went for a short 2 mile run and then came back home to get ready for our first Easter celebration with my husbands family. I wasn't feeling that great otherwise I would have ran longer. I felt achy and had a headache. Luckily it went away by early afternoon. We had a nice Easter lunch with the family and the kids had fun playing together and hunting for eggs
 This morning we went to church (picture taken before church)

 My mom and I
 After church everyone came over to our house for Easter lunch. This was our 3rd year hosting and I love having everyone over. Since we're the only ones who live "out here" (aka 30 minutes away), we don't have people over very often. Its nice to have a house full of family :) 

My little brother and I
 3 generations- me, my mom and my grandma
 Everyone sitting around talking, eating and being entertained by the kids
 My cousins & I
 My family
I did REALLY well with my eating yesterday. I ate a good breakfast (whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter & scrambled eggs) and then didn't eat again until we got to lunch. I had a little bit of everything that I wanted but definitely didn't over do it. I skipped dessert, besides taking a bite of Wayman's lemon cake. I weighed myself the next morning (today) and I was down .02. Not a huge deal- but its not a gain and the scale went DOWN instead of staying the same or UP....so major success in my book. 

Today was a different story. I ran out of english muffins so I ended up having shredded wheat. I'm not sure if its just me- but cereal- no matter what kind- does NOT satisfy me. I'm fine for 30 minutes and then I'm hungry again! I didn't eat again until we got home from church when I sampled a piece of the black bean brownies I made. Everyone came over at 2:00 for a late lunch and that was pretty much my only meal all day. My dad made a delicious ham and we had potato salad, spinach salad with strawberries & feta, quinoa broccoli casserole, devilled eggs, green beans, okra salad & quinoa salad. For dessert we had black bean brownies with a cream cheese & fruit topping, banana split cake & cheesecake filled strawberries. Yummy right?! I only had one plate and pretty small portions (1/4-1/2 cup of the things I had). I did NOT skip desserts today, which is probably why I feel like I over indulged. I logged my calories the best I could (I use My Fitness Pal- the4stairs if you want to friend me!) but some of the things are probably a bit off. As tired as I was, I got my butt off the couch tonight to do 30 minutes on the elliptical. I reallllly didn't want to, but I'm glad I did. It was the first day in 7 days that I haven't ran, so my legs needed the rest. Especially since tomorrow is my long run and I'm doing 8 miles in the morning. I'm not going to weigh myself- just because I know if I see a gain it will screw with my head the entire 8 miles I'm running and I'll be in a funk all day. I know I shouldn't base EVERYTHING on the scale but when my weight has been at such a standstill for so long, and I'm finally seeing it go down again...seeing a gain would just tick me off lol. 

Anyway- its been a very full(filling) weekend and I'm definitely blessed. I'm off to bed so I can get up bright and early to run before it gets too warm (its supposed to be in the 80's). I am working on a post of some before pictures compared to recent pictures and I'll get that up sometime in the next few days. Its going to be another busy week- my birthday is on Friday & my son's birthday is on Monday, but his party is on Sunday. Busy life but I wouldn't trade it for the world!

I'm 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really great weekend! I love both of your dresses, so cute! I've been in the hunt for cute sundresses for spring! Great job getting on the elliptical and being smart with your eating, I didn't do either today! Good luck on the long run tomorrow! I'm so not ready for the 80 degree temps.

    ReplyDelete