Friday, April 20, 2012

I decided...

to register under the "Clydesdale" category.

After a couple convincing comments- I realized that my weight- that insignificant number on the scale- does not determine my value. That whether or not I win, and whether or not they announce my weight for all to hear- it doesn't matter. I'm going to cross the same finish line as the first place runner- the one who will finish an hour before me. But you know what? It doesn't matter. I'm proud of my accomplishments thus far and if I have a chance at winning in a separate category- I'm going to take it. If I still lose- oh well. Again- doesn't determine my self worth. I'm a runner. I run 5-6 days a week, have competed in several (15+) races and am currently training for my second half marathon in less than 6 months. I'm proud of those things. I might weigh more than the typical runner- but who cares? 

6 comments:

  1. Good for you! I completely agree with you. Weight isn't a determinant of self worth and I imagine you'll do quite well in the Clydesdale category even though you certainly don't look like you are over 160lbs! I'm a recent reader of your blog and really enjoy hearing about your activity and your family. Good luck in your race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahoo!! I'm glad you're doing it! I hope you win! Even if you don't, you've made awesome progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not counting on winning considering its a VERY small race...but its worth a shot!

      Delete
  3. Screw the scale, your an athlete no matter what that dumb scale says!

    ReplyDelete