Sunday, April 22, 2012

One hot day

Today was a really good taste of what summer is going to be like. Here in California, we have two seasons- winter and summer. Its literally 50 degrees and stormy one week and 95+ the next week. I took this picture at about 1:15 this afternoon, on my way to the store:
It wasn't really 113, but it was close to 100 I think. It was HOT!

I was supposed to get up early and run this morning but I talked myself out of it and decided to keep my rest day today and run the 5 miles tomorrow morning instead. Not a huge deal since Sunday's are always my rest days anyway. My legs really needed a break. Since the kids spent the night with my parents I was able to get up and leisurely get ready for church
The camera on my phone is really scratched up, so this is about as good as my pictures get haha. I'm waiting for the iPhone 5 to come out before I get a new one. I'm happy with my 4 now- ya know, despite the cracked screen and scratched camera :)

After church I ran a few errands and I've been pretty lazy the rest of the day. It takes awhile to get used to the heat, I know by July 100 degrees will seem like a "cool" day. While I was out running errands, I went to Kohls and used my $10 off a $10 purchase, plus an old $15 gift card Wayman had in his wallet and got myself a new running outfit for the half marathon. I thought I had what I wanted to wear picked out, but I found something I liked better and I needed new running clothes anyway since mine are getting too big. I had some leftover birthday money also so I ended up paying $6.60 for a dry fit racerback tank and a running skirt, retail price would have been $60.00. I'd say I got a pretty good deal :) 

Well I'm gonna sign off and get things picked up so I can go to bed early. I'm gonna do my 5 miles before Wayman goes to work and before I have to get the kids ready for school- so I'll be out there bright and early. 

Hope everyone has a good week! 


2 comments:

  1. I love Kohls! I get the best deals there.
    Good luck with the 5 miles tomorrow! At least since you're going out early it shouldn't be too hot yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same dress from ON! I bought a blue sweater with it :)

    If you make your way up to a running skirts store totally check out their 50% off sales!!!! I live 30 mins from one and just love their stuff (need to control $$$ in that store lol)

    ReplyDelete