Thursday, April 26, 2012

The proof is in the....pictures

I've got quite a few new readers that have come from Katie's blog (hi guys!) so I thought I would put together a little timeline of pictures. In case you haven't already read about my weight loss journey, you should go and read that first :)
  MY STORY 

I went through my Facebook albums and found older picture of myself, and them some newer ones. The "before pictures" were all taken in 2009 and 2010. I officially started my weight loss journey at the end of 2010.





















Ok- GROSS! I'm embarassed to even put all those pictures up there for the entire world to see. But its part of my journey and even though I'm not proud of letting myself go- it happened. I gained weight...but more importantly- I made the decision to lose weight. Here are some more recent pictures, taken in 2011 and 2012. They aren't in any particular order, thanks to Blogger! I am not done with my weight loss journey so I'm not calling these my "after" pictures. I'd consider them my "during" pictures or "in the process". 

January 2011- my first 6 mile race (3rd race overall, I had done 2 5k's in the months before). I was down about 50 pounds here.
 November 2010- my first 5k (down about 30 pounds here)
 And more recent...
January 2012, same 6 mile race as above- just 1 year later.




 (down 75+ in the following pictures)







 (most recent, taken last weekend)

As of today, I've lost 76 pounds. My weight loss is going much, much slower these days. Where I used to be able to lose 2 pounds a week without a problem, now I only lose about .05 lb a week. I've used running and counting calories from the beginning because those things work for me. 

Well thats about it- just a little walk down memory lane. I've been kind of frustrated that I haven't been losing consistently while training for this half marathon, but looking at these pictures has helped me realized just how far I've come. My journey is not over- but my life has changed so much and I love the new me. I love that I'm healthy, athletic and more fit than I've been in my entire life. 

I've said it before and I'll say it again- its not easy....but its worth it!

6 comments:

  1. You have such a gorgeous smile. You can definitely see your confidence shining through in your "in the process" pictures. And your hair looks great at all different lengths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT job! Soooo inspiring! I've been reading your blog for a few weeks now, and am so happy I found it! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have come such a long way! You are such an inspiration, doing it and doing it the healthy way :) Get it girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there. I started reading your blog about a month ago after a comment you made on either Katie's 'Runs for Cookies' or Mary's 'A Small Loss' blogs. I very much see myself in your story. I had been a runner (5k and 2 Halfs completed) but in the last 4-5 years I have met and married a wonderful though unfit man who has influenced my eating habits badly as well as had a baby 9 months ago. Needless to say, I am currently sitting in size 16-18 clothes and in attempts to start running again (via the C25K app on my iPhone) I have had shin splints or foot pain from plantar fasciitis and just don't seem to be getting anywhere close to running again. Any advice you can give would be greatly appreciated to get me going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omgoodness!! congrads!! nothing like some pictures to really show you how far youve come.... you look abs gorgeous!!! keep up the great work!! i love reading your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete