Monday, May 7, 2012

I haven't disappeared!

Hi friends :)

Thanks for all the comments and emails asking where I am and if I'm okay. Truth is- I'm perfect...just busy! The kids were sick last week with strep throat and then I came down with something too. It was just an off week for us. Even though the sick germs invaded our house, I was still able to get all my scheduled runs done, including an 11 miler on Friday. My toes were still blistered from my 10 mile race the week before so that was a pain (literally) to deal with as I ran. Fortunately I think they've cleared up and are on the mend. 

This past weekend the boys had their first baseball game! They looked so cute in their uniforms :)
I spent the afternoon prom dress shopping. Why, you ask? Well, the kids were taking naps at my parents and Wayman was at a volleyball tournament so...why not?! I had fun :) This was one of my favorites. 
I have one more week of training and then next week is a taper week before the race. I can't believe its less than 2 weeks away, I am getting so excited :) I feel completely prepared and ready to tackle the 13.1 miles ahead of me. 

Just wanted to let you know I'm still around and haven't abandoned the blog :) I'll work on my April RUNdown and May goals this afternoon and get that up too!


2 comments:

  1. So glad that all is well; I missed your daily inspiration. :) I thought about sending a message and asking if you were ok but then I didn't want you to think I was a creepy stalker or something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad all is well! I was starting to wonder . . . : )

    ReplyDelete