Monday, June 4, 2012

a few exciting things to share

Is there anyone still out there?!

Life is crazy, as usual!!! I wanted to give you all an update- just in case you're on the edge of your chair waiting :)

I didn't do a May RUNdown and goals for June post because well...I just didn't think about it! The month ended and the thought never crossed my mind. I will pick back up with it next month. Quickly though- I did NOT meet my mileage goal (goal of 100, I finished around 75) but I did meet my weight loss goal of 5 pounds for May.

I think the biggest news I have to share is that I signed up for my first FULL marathon!!! I will be running 26.2 miles on November 4 and I could not feel more terrified about it! I took the past week off from running because I was feeling burned out. I did the elliptical and walked instead and when the week is over, I felt bloated, out of shape and just blah. I definitely ate more than normal also, but the lack of running really threw me off. I NEED to run to feel balanced. To feel whole. To feel productive. So after 7 consecutive days of logging 0 miles, I picked back up today with a short 2 mile run. I would have run longer but that brings me to my next bit of news- I'm starting the Insanity program. After I ran my 2 miles this morning I completed the Insanity Fit Test and I'm pretty sure I flunked. Ha ha in all seriousness, I did better than I expected and I know I'm going to feel it tomorrow. I'm excited to complete the 60 day program and hopefully watch my body transform. I think (hope!) it might be just what I need to kickstart my metabolism and start losing weight more consistently. Don't get me wrong, I like maintaining, but I'd much rather be maintaining my goal weight!

So I will continue to do a few short (2-5 miles) runs 4 or 5 days a week and I will be doing "double days" and also doing the Insanity workouts. Its summertime, everyone is home and its pretty laid back (schedule wise) so I'll have plenty of time to get 2 workouts in. I'm actually looking forward to it!!! I will start my marathon (eeeek!!!) training on July 9 and I've decided to follow Hal Higdon's Novice plan. I've heard quite a few good reviews about it and since I used his half program and liked it I'm already familiar with his training schedules. My Insanity & Marathon training will only overlap by 3 weeks at the end, which is not too bad. I've heard that it really helps runners with their endurance so I'm hoping thats the case!

Anyway- no pictures in this post, sorry! It was just supposed to be a quick update and to let everyone know that I haven't dropped off the face of the Earth :)


6 comments:

  1. What full are you doing? I decided I'll run my first in 2014 when my husband will not deploy. We are doing it together!!! I decided to do the Santa Barbara one, it was just featured in an active.com email about being a great first timer full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing the Two Cities here in Fresno. I did the Two Cities Half last year but on a whim decided to register for the full. I don't know if I'll ever be "ready" so I decided to just do it while I was motivated enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! I can't wait to read all about your journey to the full!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your next update. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just a quick comment to let you know that I’ve nominated you for an award – please check out my blog www.willmoveforcake.blogspot.co.uk for details.
    I read your blog all the time and you inspire me and I wanted to let you know!
    Don’t feel like you have to do it but you can if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Congrats and cudos for signing up for the marathon...I'm still working on being happy with my 5k outcomes. I just started my own fitness blog and would really appreciate you checking it out. I need followers to help stay motivated to keep up the blog, and your story is so inspirational! My blog is www.imperfectventure.com Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete