Monday, September 3, 2012

Marathon Monday: Week 7

Week 7 is complete! Heres a recap of last weeks workouts:

Monday- 6 miles + 30 Day Shred
Tuesday- 30 min elliptical + 30 Day Shred
Wednesday- 4 miles + 30 Day Shred + 2.25 mile walk
Thursday- 30 Day Shred
Friday- 12 miles + 30 Day Shred
Saturday- REST
Sunday- 4 miles + 30 Day Shred

Total Miles: 28.25

I think its safe to say that this was probably my best week of training yet. My runs all went pretty well (thanks in large part to the slightly cooler weather) and I was able to fit them all in without rearranging my entire life.

I did have to split my long run into 2 separate parts on Friday because of time constraints. I had a funeral to go to that day and knew I didn't have enough time to drop the kids off at school, run 12 miles, get ready and make it to Fresno in time for the funeral. So instead, I got up at 5:00am, did 30 Day Shred and ran 4 miles before coming home to get the kids up and ready for school. After I dropped them off 45 minutes later, I ran the remaining 8 miles. I felt like I was "cheating" since I obviously wont be able to do that during the marathon but it was really my only choice. It was either that or cut it short so I'm happy with the choice I made.

I need to focus on not being so hard on myself. If I don't finish right at or under my target pace, I feel discouraged for the rest of the day. There is more to life than overall times and paces, I  need to remember that :) If I don't finish under my goal...so what? Its not the end of the world. I will still have completed a marathon and thats way more than I ever, ever thought I'd be able to say. So what if I'm slow, or slower than I want to be...I'm still running the same 26.2 miles as the 1st place winner. We are still crossing the same finish line...right?

I have been religiously taking my multivitamin and Glucosamine in the hopes that it will help my knees and joints. It might just be in my head, but I feel like its made a difference. My knee has held up pretty good all week, as long as I stretch really good and ice it for awhile after I run.

30 Day Shred is going well. I did end up taking Saturday off (I challenged myself to doing it 30 days straight) but I'm making up for it by doing it twice today. Again, not ideally what I planned when I made the challenge for myself but I have to be flexible. I just started Level 2 and WOW! It is NOT easy. Level 1 was becoming too easy, I  mean I broke a sweat and got my heart pumping each time, but it was definitely not as hard as Day 1. I'm hoping the same will be true for Level 2. All I know is that I felt like Jillian Michaels was torturing me for 30 minutes.

Weight loss to date:
-1.8 this week
-76.6 to date

1 comment: