Sunday, September 9, 2012

Marathon Training: Week 8

Sunday: 6 miles + 30 day shred
Monday: 4 miles + 40 day shred
Tuesday: 30 day shred
Wednesday: 4 miles + 30 day shred
Thursday: 30 day shred
Friday: 14 miles
Saturday: rest day

Total miles: 28 miles

*long run went great this week! I wore my husbands knee band and it helped tremendously. My knee didn't start hurting until afterwards, but icing & aleve seemed to take ease the pain. My feet however, they were killings by mile 9. I was wearing new shoes (I'd worn them all week, but this was my first long run in them) and they aren't nearly as padded as my old shoes. I love them though and I'm sure once I'm used to them, it won't bother me anymore.

*i broke my 30 day streak for 30 day shred. I'm not throwing in the towel- in just doing to double up on my non-run days this week so that I can make up for the 2 misses workouts

*no loss this week. I actually gained .08. I'm not stressing- this always happens during marathon training. If I can maintain my current wait until the marathon and not gain anything, I'll be happy. However I'm REALLY trying to get rid of these last 30 pounds. I will not give up :)

6 comments:

  1. 40 day shred? lol Never heard of that one! I just found your blog on Katie's Runs for Cookies blog list. I look forward to following you and getting advice to help me on my weight loss journey! You are pretty inspirational! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how inspiring you are! I am currently on a weight loss journey and I love checking in to my favorite blogs when I'm not feeling it.

    Maybe I'll run a marathon one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's what I was looking for, what a material! present here at this weblog, thanks admin of this site.
    Visit my website : lanautica

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually do not leave many remarks, however I looked at a great deal of responses
    on "Marathon Training: Week 8". I do have some questions for you if you tend not to
    mind. Could it be just me or does it seem like some of the responses
    appear like they are left by brain dead people?
    :-P And, if you are posting on additional places, I'd like to keep up with anything new you have to post. Would you list of every one of your social sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?
    Also see my web site :: currency exchange

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this,
    like you wrote the book in it or something.

    I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the
    message home a bit, but instead of that, this is fantastic
    blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back.

    Also visit my blog - easy diets that work
    Also see my site > diets that work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been browsing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It's pretty worth enough for me.
    In my view, if all site owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be much more useful than ever before.


    my webpage: diets that work for women

    ReplyDelete