Friday, May 17, 2013

California Classic #2





 
Ok so I'm using a new blogging app on my iPhone/iPad and I'm not exactly sure how to re-arrange my pictures, so you'll have to bear with me til I figure that out :-) 

Sunday morning at 7:00 am I will be running in the  California Classic for the second year in a row. Only this year I'm only doing the relay, my hubby is gonna run with me! I've been focusing on Insanity and realized halfway through my marathon training that I didn't have time to train for both (and my knees weren't liking it either) Since I have a pretty could cardio base built up, going out and running 4-6 miles on a regular basis isn't that difficult for me. However, Running that distance at race pace (which for me is 10:00-11:00/mile) is definitely a challenge. My  comfortable running (jogging!) pace is 12:30-13:00. I can keep a steady pace, maintain my breathing and feel good the entire run. I will be pushing the pace out of my comfort zone and into race zone on Sunday so I'm both nervous and excited for the challenge. And you can expect a full race report with pictures afterwards :-)

I want to get back to weekly weigh ins because that really held me accountable when I was going it before. Those will start up next week!! 

I'm excited to be back into the blogging world :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment