Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A fresh, new beginning

So over the past few months, I have to be honest and admit that I have not been giving my weight loss efforts 100%. One week I'll do great, and then the next week I'm lazy and unmotivated, and frustrated when I don't see immediate results. I am promising myself, and you, that I am going to start blogging (hopefully daily) to hold myself accountable and connect with others who are on the same journey! I appreciate all those who have stuck by these past few years on this rollercoaster adventure. I have an intense passion for health, fitness and motivating others to get healthy so I really hope I am able to do so through my own story. I also created a Facebook page, specifically for this blog, so if you're on facebook- I'm 'Run This Weigh'

I will be posting progress pictures, encouraging words and success stories from others who would like to open up and share.

I look forward to jumping back into blogging, I've missed it so much!

---------------------------

I can't leave you without letting you know where I am fitness wise. After my last half marathon in May (which I split with my husband and did the relay) I have only been running once or twice a week. I've been going to the gym several days a week and strength training mixed with light cardio. I miss running. Running is my true love when it comes to working out. I've re-started Couch 2 5k as of yesterday, working on speed AND endurance this time. I plan to run the Two Cities Half Marathon (and not the relay) in November so I will be doing C25k and then a half training program back to back over the next few months.

As for the scale- I don't know what I weigh. I haven't weighed in about a month. Not because I'm afraid of what it says, but because I haven't been focused on it. I'm gonna take the rest of the week to try and get some of my vacation weight off and then resume my Friday Weigh-In's at the end of the week.

This weeks workout schedule is as follows:
Monday- C25k Week 1,Day 1
Tuesday- off
Wednesday- off (but walking up and down stairs at the waterpark for several hours!)
Thursday- C25k Week 1, Day 2 + 30 min strength training
Friday- C25k Week 1, Day 3 + 15 min strength training
Saturday- C25k Week 2, Day 1 + 15 min strength training)
Sunday- off

*Sidenote: I am starting Insanity on Monday, August 5th. I might reduce my running to 3-4 days at that point, depending on my training schedule for the half marathon. If you are interested in joining me through 60 days of Insanity, I'd love to partner up (virtually, of course) and hold each other accountable! And if you don't already have the program, I can help you out with that as well!

2 comments:

  1. Im planning to restart insanity too... i have the hardest time getting through the first weeks soreness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have completely slacked in working out so you're ahead of me! Good luck at getting back on track. Glad to see you posting again. :)
    Angela
    http://honeyishrunkthemom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete