Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Building Endurance

So I have about 2 weeks left until half marathon training begins and once that starts, my shortest run will be 2 miles during the first week and then 3 miles from then on out. I haven't done any kind of distrance running in months so to think I'm going to be building mileage soon scares me just a little. On a good day with perfect conditions (weathers good, adequate fuel/hydration, clothes fit right, etc) I can run a couple miles and still feel good. But I almost always have to take a walk break for 20-30 seconds every now and then. Not that theres anything wrong with walk breaks, but last fall I was running 15+ miles without a single walk break so to think that I can't make it just 2 measly miles now is a little disheartening. I know I will gain my endurace back though, just takes some time and perseverance
I'm going to try this on my next run- make a 45 minute playlist before I head out and run without stopping until its done...NO EXCUSES. That would be about 3.5-4 miles for me (I run 12 minute miles usually). 

Any good songs I should add to my playlist? I need something new!

2 comments:

  1. I am not sure what kind of music you are into but I Love pandoras workout station. They do play some slow songs probably for cool downs but mainly that keeps me going. I haven't got to listen to music and workout for awhile since my kids lost my special earphones boo! Long the blog by the way!!!!! excited to read it often!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a long time reader. Please tell me what you put in your coffee??

    ReplyDelete