Thursday, July 18, 2013

Feels good to be back on track

I don't know why its so easy to lose motivation when I KNOW exactly how treating my body right vs wrong makes me feel. If I eat bad or overeat and don't workout, I feel miserable. Bloated, cranky, tired and just blah. On the other hand, if I eat right and exercise like I know I'm supposed to, I feel great! I'm happy, I worry less about other things in my life, I don't stress, I sleep better, I have more energy & my self confidence soars instead of sinks. So WHY is it always that I have to come to that realization AFTER I mess up for awhile?! Just part of life I guess. I'm back on track and beyond determined to lose the remaining weight & take my health and fitness to new levels. 

After weeks of eating out & being lazy when it comes to dinner planning, we re-stocked our fridge and pantry and I have a whole list of healthy meals to make for the next couple weeks. Last night was Portobello Mushroom Pizzas & Baked Parmesan Zucchini
(both very simple!)
This morning we slept in, gave the kids a quick breakfast and I had my Shakeology and then we headed to the gym. The boys love the child care there so it makes it nice that they are so eager to go every morning :-) I did about 20-30 minutes of weights and then when I got home, I headed out to run. I haven't run outside in what seems like forever. It was already really hot by the time I left around 11:00 but I finished and felt AMAZING after! 
I've decided not to do Couch 2 5k afterall, I did the first couple days and realized its just not challenging enough for me at this point and I'm only cheating myself by doing that. Instead, I'm just doing my own (longer) intervals (today I ran one song, walked one song...listening to my iPod as I ran). Training for my half marathon starts next month, as well as Insanity on Monday Aug 5 (wanna join? Email me!) so for the next couple weeks I'll just gradually jump back into running and do my own thing. 

After a shower, I whipped up this hearty, healthy lunch and it was so satisfying. Small salad (with lite Italian dressing) and stuffed peppers (I used ground turkey, quinoa, marinara & sprinkled with 1-2 Tbsp shredded cheese). Bake at 350 for 15 minutes and Voila! I used the same filling for the kids and made them burritos which they loved!


I'm also back to tracking everything on MyFitnessPal so look me up (RunThisWeigh) and add me! 

Have a great Thursday everyone! We're gonna enjoy dinner and swimming with my parents later this evening :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment