Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Back at it

As much as I hate to sacrifice my workout time and devote some of my precious cardio minutes to strength training- it must be done. I know the benefits of lift of weights- building muscle boosts your metabolism and therefore you burn more calories throughout the day. It leans you out, gets rid of the flab and gives you nice sexy muscles. Girly Muscles- that's my goal :)

It's not that I don't like the gym or lifting weights, I would just much rather be outside in the fresh air (no matter the weather) getting my sweat on.

I do body weight exercises at home (squats, planks, wall sits, tricep dips) but not consistently, it's only on a "if I feel like it" basis, which yeah- is not all that often ;)

I need structure. I need it to have it written in my trusty planner that goes everywhere with me. So I took on yet another Instagram Challenge from my friend Erin (fit4finn) and for the next 30 days, I'm committing to lifting weights, at the gym, 3 times a week (or more if I have time). I will obviously keep this trend going after the 30 days, but it's a good starting point.

So today after work, I had exactly an hour before I had to pick the kids up from school. I had my gym bag packed and high tailed it to the gym, eating my heavenly VitaTop muffin on the way there.

I quickly changed and made the most of my time, I lifted heavy (probably too heavy considering I haven't hit the weights in a few months) and I worked my entire body. I'm only going 3 times a week, so I'm doing full body instead of a different muscle group each day. Ya gotta do what works best for you. 

I look a lot more excited than I really was 

 35-40 sweaty minutes later, I was done and felt so happy to be back in the gym (and the trainers & employees still remember me- bonus! Haha). I came home after getting the kids from school and took advantage of the 70 weather and got in a nice 3 miler (walk/run- what my foot can handle right now) 

Look at those guns-in-process
I plan to make big changes over the next few months. I can honestly say I'm giving it my 100%, I'm committed. 

So day 1 is in the books and my other gym days will be Wednesday and Thursday, with cardio on Tuesday, Wednesdag and Friday (10 miler!). 

I can already tell it's going to hurt to move tomorrow :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment