Saturday, January 11, 2014

Trying this again!

Hi friends- is anyone out there still?!

I've been involved with an Instagram challenge this month (hi #jmdvdchallenge girls!!) and have been encouraged to start blogging again. Its so hard for me to find time to dedicate daily to blogging but I've realized it doesn't have to be an all or nothing thing. I can blog a few times a week and be good ;)

I evaluated my goals at the end of 2013 and decided I wanted a fresh, clean start in 2014. I've been getting so down on my self for the weight I re-gained (lost 75 in 2011-2012, gained 20 back in 2013)- but instead of dwelling on that, I'm using my current weight as my new "starting weight" and working to lose these last 50 pounds once and FOR ALL. No yo-yo'ing anymore. With 50 pounds to lose and 52 weeks in the year, my goal is to lose one pound a week and reach my goal weight by the end of the year. I feel like that's a reasonable and attainable goal. Although I'm realizing that its harder to drop the weight this time around. But I'm going to continue to weigh in each Friday morning, log everything I eat and drink in MyFitnessPal, continue my running and cross-training 5-6 times a week and just work on living a more active and healthy lifestyle in general.

Speaking of running- I've decided I want to run 5 half marathons in 2014. I know it can be done because I've done it before. And by the time I was done I was in the best shape of my life and looked my best. So, I'm going to get back to that place. Running is "my thing". Its the thing that challenges me on the deepest of levels, but also relaxes me and makes me the happiest. I know its not for everyone, maybe your "thing" is cycling or swimming or zumba or weight lifting- whatever it is, I URGE you to find your passion and pursue it.

If you aren't familiar with the #jmdvdchallenge, you should check out Holly's page for more details. I have met so many new friends and absolutely love the upbeat and motivating attitudes of all the girls. If you are looking to be a part of a fun fitness group (on Instagram), I encourage you to look up the hashtag and get involved. It officially runs Jan 2-Feb 2 but its better late than never! You can still join in on the fun ;)

I'm excited to share my random thoughts and feelings and journal my weight loss again. I've missed it!

2 comments: