Monday, February 24, 2014

Gluten Free Meatloaf Muffins


I posted a picture of my dinner tonight on Instagram (yep, I'm one of those people) and a few asked me to post the recipe. While it definitely doesn't look very pretty, it's delicious and a healthy makeover for my usual normal meatloaf. My kids were kind of hesitant and immediately noticed the shredded carrots inside. It wasn't the kind of meatloaf that they usually eat and love...they don't love change ;)  They still cleaned their plates and didn't say anything bad about it so I'm calling it a success! 

I'm 2 1/2 weeks into eating gluten free and I'm just now starting to have cravings for things I haven't been able to eat. Like the bag of croutons staring me down, the cookie butter that jumps out at me whenever I open the cabinet and the pizza that I smell each day when I walk into the gym. Who even puts a pizza place next door to the gym? Well played, well played. Anyway, I'm hanging in there and enjoying the benefits of cutting gluten out. I am definitely planning on doing this beyond my 30 day goal. I have a Pinterest board with all my GF recipes for those who want some new ideas! (Find me on Pinterest by name Melissa Stairs, or my username melissakay413)


Enough talking, here's the recipe: 
1 lb ground turkey
1 lb extra lean ground beef
2 cups cooked quinoa
1 cup shredded carrots
1 small onion, chopped
1/3 cup egg beaters
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp oregano
1/4 cup organic ketchup 
Splash of milk

Mix everything together and form into balls. Press each into a muffin pan (ungreased). I topped mine with a ketchup/white vinegar/brown sugar mixture (maybe 1/2 Tbsp on each) and baked at 450 for 20 min. Set and let firm up for a few minutes before removing from pan. 

Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment