Monday, February 3, 2014

Liebster Award

I'm usually not one to enter many contests because yeah, I rarely win. I think the only contest I ever remember winning was in 6th grade for a pumpkin decorating contest. And my mom decorated 100% of said pumpkin.

So imagine my surprise when Kara at Two Ton Teacher nominated me for a blogging award!!! I didn't even have to enter, but still won. Thats my kinda contest ;)



The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers, by other bloggers who they feel deserve it. Thanks Kara for thinking of me, you made this non-winner feel like a big winner! :-) If you don't already follow Kara, you are missing out. She is a kindergarten teacher on a weight loss journey and she is absolutely hilarious and so down to Earth. Head on over to Two Ton Teacher and check her out!


The rules of the award are:

-The blog must be “small," meaning less than 200 subscribers.
-If you are nominated, you can accept the award via answering questions asked by the nominator, or you can ignore the award, pat yourself on the back and move on.

So, I accept! Here are the answers to the questions Kara gave me: 


If you could give only ONE weight loss tip, what would it be?
Count your calories. I know it seems like a drag but honestly, it works. When you have to log every calorie (food or drink) that goes in your mouth, you start thinking twice about finishing the last few bites on the kids plate, or sampling dinner as you make it or hitting up the sample tables at Costco. Stick to your guidelines. Find a number that works for you and stay honest with yourself (My magic number is 1500 and up to 1800 when I'm training for a longer race and logging a lot of miles). I saw a meme on Pinterest that said something like "Your body keeps an accurate diary of what you eat, whether you do or not". Its so true. Weight loss really does happen in the kitchen. Sure, exercise plays a large role in it, but I've found that clean eating and staying within my calories is what makes me LOSE the weight. It makes the scale go down. Exercise is what changes the way my body looks. It firms and tones and strengthens me. Both are equally important, but if you're looking for someplace to start- its in the kitchen. I use MyFitnessPal on my phone (its free) and I swear by it. Add me if you are on there as well! (runthisweigh)

What is one song that immediately takes you back to a different place in life?
"She's my kind of rain" by Tim McGraw. When my husband and I were dating, we would drive to the beach every year on our anniversary, which also happened to be my birthday. On my 19th birthday, he got me the new Tim McGraw CD and we listened to one particular song the entire drive there. It also happened to be raining the entire time. Later that day, when the rain stopped, we went down on the beach to walk on the sand and thats when he proposed to me! Hearing that song always reminds me of that special day and the irony of the rain! 

If you HAD to choose a different career, what path would you take?
Personal Trainer or Nutritionist. Hands down. And who knows, maybe my career path WILL change and go in that direction one day. I want to help others get healthy and feel good about themselves. I want others to feel the way I do now that I've lost weight. Once I get down to my goal weight/size and I'm in the best shape I can be, I will consider my options and look more into either one of those jobs. 

What are some of your favorite workout songs?
Current favorites on my playlist:
Katy Perry "Roar"
Miley Cyrus "Wrecking Ball"
Olly Murs feat. Flo Rida "Troublemaker"
Flo Rida "Whistle"
Lady Gaga "Applause"
Florida Georgia Line feat. Nelly "Cruise" remix
Katy Perry "Dark Horse"
Gym Class Heroes "The Fighter"
The Script "Hall of Fame"

How did you meet your significant other?
My best friend in high school met him on AIM (AOL instant messanger for you youngins) and I came along with her when they hung out one time. They never really "clicked" so she gave me the 'OK' because she knew I had a little crush on him :) I was 15 years old when we met...15 years later we're still going strong! I have been with him for half my life now. Isn't that crazy? All of my favorite memories, he has been by my side. We have been through many highs and many lows together and I cant imagine anyone else to live life with. He's my best friend and I still get butterflies around him :-)

Thanks for the fun questions Kara! 

Now, I'm choosing to nominate Aimee from The C Family Blog. I met her during the Jillian Michaels challenge on Instagram and just fell in love with her dedication, despite being sick she would still put in 2-a-days! (Follow her on Instagram- thecfamilyblog)

If you choose to accept tis award, here are your rules:

Thank the person who nominated you (me!) and post a link to their (my) blog.
Display the award on your blog!!!
Answer my questions.
Nominate as many blogs as you like.
Create a new list of questions for your nominees to respond to.
List these rules in your post (copy and paste from here).

Here are your questions:
-What's your favorite go-to (healthy!) breakfast, lunch and dinner?
-What are your main fitness or weight loss goals for yourself, and how do you plan to reach them?
-What's your favorite workout?
-If you could chose to live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
-What is your favorite way to spend your free time?


1 comment:

  1. Fun post! I also nominated your for an Awesome Blog Content Award and a Sunshine Award. http://honeyishrunkthemom.blogspot.com/2014/01/awesome-blog-content-and-sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete