Sunday, February 2, 2014

#Operation3500

Well friends, the weekend is over. Booooooo.

We watched the Super Bowl (if you can even call it that) and although I tracked what I ate and logged everything, I still feel stuffed and bloated. Its crazy how one day of eating bad food can make you look and feel like you gained 10 pounds. Oh well, I enjoyed myself and the time spent with family. I'm not going to be so rigid with myself that I never enjoy food and the occasional "splurge", thats just not real life, ya know?  So for now I'm chugging water and I've planned my meals for the next few days to be low in sodium and carbs, high on protein. I'm sure that will take care of the bloat! Who knows what the scale will say Friday, but I've got almost a whole week to worry about that ;)

On to other things....

Since I can't rely on running for exercise for the next couple months, I'm having to revamp my workout routines and force myself to love the elliptical, stationary bike, incline treadmill walking....and weight lifting.

Don't get me wrong, I don't HATE those things. I just don't feel like I get as good of a workout as I do when I run. I'm just going to have to change my mindset though. My body clearly needs a break from running and working new muscles will challenge my body and I know thats a good thing.

I've been seeing everyones Polar watch posts on Instagram and have been secretly coveting one for a while now. I love that it shows your calorie burned based on your heart rate. Much more accurate than a computer generated "generic" reading.

I found a great deal on Amazon the other day and decided to bite the bullet. One of these pretty little things will be arriving on my doorstep between Feb 5-8. Hopefully sooner! (as well as some PB2 because, well...I've never tried it and who doesn't love peanut butter?!)
I'm the kind of person that likes to have routine, schedules, goals to meet and things to cross of my lists. Since I can't currently follow a running schedule, and making an elliptical or stationary bike schedule just sounds dorky and no fun, I decided to use my new watch and make a calorie goal for myself. Instead of running X amount of miles each day/week, my new goal is to burn 3500 calories (1 pound) every week. Doing whatever- weights, cardio, walking, etc. I have a feeling I'm going to have to work extra hard and probably put in more time than I normally do (running scorches major calories) but I'm willing to do that. I think it will be fun. And it will keep me accountable and in line with meeting my goals. So, #operation3500 will be in effect as soon as I get my new watch (so that I can accurately log my calories burned). If you'd like to join in and challenge yourself to do the same, just use the hashtag #operation3500 on your IG posts and be sure to tag me so I can see them all. 

(I am going to the start joining a few of my favorite bloggers for "Follow Through Friday" where each Friday I'll post my previous weeks workouts and whether or not I followed through. Thats also where I will keep track of and record my #operation3500 goal)

Who else as a Polar FT4? Love it? Hate it?



No comments:

Post a Comment