Friday, March 28, 2014

Post-op, Day 8

Whew am I glad it's Friday!! That means 2 days with other people in the house!! I get sooo lonely by myself all day. I cannot wait until I can get out and walk and drive again. Even a run to Walmart for toilet paper sounds exciting. And if you know me, you know how much I HATE Walmart!!

Friday is my weigh-in so as soon as I hobbled out of bed I jumped (ok, lightly stepped) on the scale....3.4 pounds LOST!!!! No exercise all week- whatsoever. Really goes to show that weight loss really does happen in the kitchen. My eating was on point all week, I was very proud of myself. Anyway, that made my entire day and I've been on cloud 9 all day (scale obsessed much?!)

I feel a little jigglier and flabbier than I did at this same weight a year or so ago (backstory: lost 70, gained back 25...so now I'm working to get those off, plus a few more). It's probably due to the fact that last time I was at this weight I was running like a crazy woman (and loving it).   Not being able to run much these past 4 months has resulted in some seriously jiggly thighs. But I do notice my stomach slowly flattening out. Without clothes on, well that's another story. 
Laid around with my foot up and got some computer work done and some bills paid. Then before I knew it my little guys were home from school!
He keeps reminding me he's gonna be 8 this summer. I keep reminding him that's not allowed. 
Shower tonight led to an unplanned bandage change cause my protective sandal and wrap got wet (whole in bag??) so I had to send my hubby on a late night Walgreens run for more bandaging. Oops. 
It's bruised on several places, pretty sore but more tender. The thought of setting my foot flat on the ground makes me wanna vomit. I just can't even imagine that happening an I'm scared my doctor is gonna make me try next week. 
It's bad lighting but it still looks about the same. The dark blue marks are ink from where the surgeon marked me up. I obviously can't scrub that off yet ;) but the incision looks completely closed and like it's healing well. 

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?? Goodness knows I don't! I'm gonna attempt a Costco trip on Sunday if I feel up to (on crutches, obvs) other than that, lots of playtime with my boys!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment