Saturday, April 19, 2014

Week 1 Meal Plan

I was supposed to spend the day cleaning my house and getting ready to host Easter tomorrow but instead I spent quite a bit of time on Pinterest and google finding recipes for the first week of Whole30.

I have quite a bit of meat and seafood on hand (chicken apple sausage, ground pork and ground beef, pork chops, chicken breasts, salmon, tilapia and shrimp) so the bulk of my grocery list is produce and extras (oils, nuts, etc).  I'm planning on making a few big things to last me multiple meals and days, and I'll make separate meals for my family (which I'm not a fan of, but I'm not going to make them eat this way if its not their choice- we already eat gluten free and pretty healthy to begin with, so their diet is fine).

Breakfasts:
Frittata with shredded chicken and veggies
Scrambled eggs with ground beef and onions, mushrooms and zucchini
Chicken apple sausage, sauteed cabbage and diced apples
(I will repeat each breakfast more than once as I'll have plenty of leftover ingredients)

Lunches and Dinners:
Baked chicken, roasted broccoli, sweet potato
Ground pork, diced tomato and green beans (plus seasoning)
Ground beef, spinach, olives and tomatoes (plus seasoning)
Chicken apple sausage, sauteed cabbage and onions, diced apples
Salmon and asparagus
(I will repeat each meal twice)

I will have a piece of fruit (banana, apple, berries or pineapple) and a handful of nuts when needed. You technically aren't supposed to "snack", you're supposed to eat three meals a day. I may also just eat the fruit with breakfast or right after dinner. It will just depend on my hunger levels I guess.

I don't want to snack because its "snacktime" or because my body is craving sugar or carbs. Thats eating out of habit and not to fuel my body. If I'm truly hungry then I'll eat a snack.

I am not so sure how drinking black coffee is gonna go, so I'll give it a shot and if I can't handle it, I'll just switch to hot tea. Thats much easier to drink without sweetener. Coffee isn't a HUGE thing for me to give up, its more of a routine thing than a caffeine requirement. I like waking up and having a cup of coffee in my big comfy chair while I check Instagram and Facebook. Totally pathetic, I know.

I'm going to weigh myself on Monday morning, but since I promised myself I wouldn't step on the scale til the end of the 90 Days of Summer Challenge on June 21, I'm not going to look at the number. My husband is going to look and write it down for me. Then on May 20 I'll weigh again and have him write that number down so I know exactly how much I lost during the 30 days, but not the number on the scale. I don't have a big goal in mind, but it'd sure be nice to see at least 6 or 7 pounds. Thats probably a long shot but maybe, just maybe, this is what my body needs to jumpstart the weight loss process again.

Ok, back to cleaning. The bathrooms aren't gonna clean themselves apparently!







No comments:

Post a Comment