Monday, April 21, 2014

Whole30, Day 1

Day 1 is in the books! I feel like I did really good. I wasn't tempted by much and I didn't have to struggle to come up with meals that sounded good. 

I will have to say though, it's difficult for me to just have 3 meals a day. I'm a mini meal girl. I like to eat several small meals throughout the day. I know there is research that shows benefits to both (snacking vs no snacking) so I don't think there's a concrete right or wrong way. I'm going to attempt to abide by the "try not to snack" rule but if I get too hungry I'm just gonna have something small (carrots, an apple, banana, etc). The 'no gum' thing is really hard to adjust  too as well, but it's not impossible. 

I picked up several new things from Trader Joes today that I'm excited to experiment with. Maybe I'll post some of my goodies tomorrow. All I know is, clarified butter is my life to stay. I'd never had it until tonight and I'm in love! 

So here are my meals for today:

Breakfast:
{scrambled eggs with chicken apple sausage, green beans}

Lunch:
{sliced chicken breast, carrots, banana with a little almond butter. That's one of the "use sparingly" food items but a little goes a long way}

Dinner:
{all natural chicken sausage with diced tomatoes, green beans with clarified butter and sea salt, pineapple}

I also had a cup of unsweetened hot tea tonight because I was really hungry. It helped a little but I'm still hungry. I think I need to eat bigger meals tomorrow and see if that helps. I don't know how many calories I consumed (you don't count) but I would venture to say it's less than usual. 

I have my meals planned out for tomorrow and breakfast and lunch are already made. I've got this!!


No comments:

Post a Comment