Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Whole30, Day 2

Another day completed!

I felt much better and less hungry today. Still no crazy withdrawal symptoms or uncontrollable cravings.

I did have 2 snacks which I'm sure had something to do with it. I get up at 6:30 to get the kids ready for school and if I eat my breakfast then, I'll be ready for lunch by 9:30am. So instead of having my breakfast then, I had a banana with a little almond butter and then had my actual breakfast about 9:00. That worked out nicely.

Here's the rest of my food for today:

Breakfast:
{ground turkey with diced apples and cinnamon and nutmeg, carrots and green beans with clarified butter}

Lunch:

{same as yesterday- chicken sausage, diced tomatoes, carrots and green beans}

Mid afternoon snack:
{fresh pineapple and plantain chips}

Dinner:
{chicken cooked in coconut oil and herbs and spices, roasted broccoli and sautéed cabbage and onions}

Last night I was starving before bed, like I could have eaten a horse. But tonight I feel good. I'm satisfied. 

I got out of the shower this morning and saw my full length reflection in the mirror and was shocked to see how much bloat has gone down in only 24 hours. My stomach is visibly smaller which makes me get my hopes up really high for my 30 day results. I promised myself I wouldn't be disappointed, despite what the scale says. My goal is to lose 7-8 pounds, we'll see! 

I go back to work tomorrow so I'll have to plan my meals a little better but it shouldn't be too bad. 

I'm loving see everyone else's whole30 project, don't forget to use the hashtag #whole30club if you are on IG!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I don't have the willpower to DO this, but I am loving living vicariously through you and following this challenge! ;) You are ROCKIN' it! Can't wait to see progress pics!

    Also, regarding you going back to work: while you're at it, come DIBEL my kids. K thanks bye. :)

    Oh, one more thing. What do you sauté things in? Coconut oil? I've never tried it. And how do you roast your broccoli? Do you just put it in the oven raw? (OMG these questions sound like someone on Mama Laughlin's Instagram, but I'm being totally serious!)

    Oh wait, one more thing (I promise this is the last thing). OMG this comment is taking such an annoying turn, I'm sorry! Okay...I can't wrap my brain around having carrots and green beans for breakfast. I guess I'm too close-minded!!

    ReplyDelete