Thursday, April 24, 2014

Whole30, Day 4

So I basically forgot to take pictures of all my meals today (I know, I know- you're disappointed!) but here's the gist of it:

Breakfast: diced sweet potato pan fried in coconut oil, ground turkey/apple concoction like the past 2 days

Snack: a couple almonds 

Lunch: TJ Tuna (1 can) with TJ mayo (whole30 compliant- eggs, oil, vinegar and lemon juice), olives, carrots & applesauce 

Snack: all natural sliced chicken breast dipped in a tiny bit of mayo/mustard mix, plantain chips

Dinner: sautéed cabbage and mushrooms with shredded chicken. This ended up being gross and I couldn't gag it down, so I picked the chicken out and ate an apple with almond butter about an hour later 

All in all, I'd say today was my best day so far. The afternoon slump didn't hit me til about 4:30 and that was probably only because I allowed myself to sit down and rest before tackling dinner, baseball practice, bath and bedtime routine! 

I'm still not craving anything or having symptoms of withdrawl at all- which I'm so thankful for.

In the daily email from Whole30 today, they talk about cravings vs. hunger and what you should do to distinguish between the two and then how to fix it. Basically when the Sugar Monster hits you, you brain is just begging you for sugar- in any way. It can't tell the difference between sugar from pineapple versus sugar from a Twinkie. So the trick is to satisfy that hunger with something besides sugar...and the perfect solution is a combo of protein+fat (I had lunch meat dipped in mayo). That seemed to work really well. I've been getting less and less hungry each day. 

So Kara over at Two Ton Teacher gave me a nice shout out on her blog today, as well as left me a novel worth of questions so I thought is just answer them here real fast :) Love ya friend!! 

What do I sauté my food in? 
Coconut oil. I can also use avocado or grapeseed or olive oil, but I've been having fun experimenting with coconut.

How do I roast my broccoli?
I chop it into even size pieces, place it on a foil lined baking sheet and then drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. Bake at 350 for 20ish minutes, depending on how crunchy or soft you like it.

Do I have a hard time stomaching carrots and green beans for breakfast? I add clarified butter as my fat for the meal and umm...I could drink that stuff #innerfargirl. Seriously, it's the only thing that makes it bearable lol

Where do I buy my boneless skinless chicken breasts?...hahahaha JK!!! ML fan club joke :)

She mentioned she didn't think she had the willpower to do this. The truth is- I don't think I do either. I'm doing it to prove to myself that I can. That I'm stronger than that voice of temptation telling me to EAT.ALL.THE.JELLY.BEANS

So there ya go! Day 4 is a wrap and I'm still alive and happy! (But I'm kinda dying for a glass of wine)

No comments:

Post a Comment